THE FIRM Shikongo Law Chambers (“SLC”) was established in 1997 by its senior partner, Elia Shikongo who has been in practice for the past 20 years, since 1995. We operate predominantly as a commercial/corporate firm of legal practitioners, and have over the past years built up a diverse legal consultancy practice, acting either solely and/or in joint ventures with other professional service providers.
The firm practises in the following areas of the law:
- Corporate Governance
- Regulatory compliance
- Intellectual property law
- Contract law
- Legal opinions pertaining to aviation law and Labour Law
- Advice on issues pertaining to domestic
- Regional and international contracts
- Reviewing and vetting contracts and other legal instruments,
- Dispute resolution,
- Including drafting pleadings and representation of various forums
- Advising on labour and employment
- Intellectual property and regulatory issues
- Any other matter may be ancillary or incidental to the business of the company,
- Litigation related to civil matters,
- Debt collection
BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT
- We are committed to meaningful participation of the previously disadvantaged persons in all areas of the economy. Indeed Shikongo Law Chambers has over the years trained many Candidate Legal Practitioners from previously disadvantaged groups, and empowered them to progress within the Firm. Some of these proceeded to establish successful careers in the private as well as the public sectors.
- Our Firm presently has two partners, two professional assistants, two candidate legal practitioners, two Administration Managers, Finance Manager and a dedicated Administrative team of 17 persons, all of whom are from the previously disadvantaged groups.